- This event has passed.
Local Plan Review Event
16th January, 2019 - 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Chichester Local Plan Review
Have your say on the future of our area
The District Council will be holding a series of local events where you can come and talk to them in person about the Local Plan Review and fnd out more about how you can get involved.
- Thursday 10 January: Chidham and Hambrook
Village Hall, Chidham Lane, Chidham,
3pm until 8pm.
- Friday 11 January: Bracklesham Barn,
Beech Avenue, Bracklesham Bay, 4.30pm until 8pm.
- Monday 14 January: Chichester District Council
offices, East Pallant, Chichester, 9am until 5pm.
- Tuesday 15 January: Wisborough Green Village Hall,
School Road, Wisborough Green, 3pm until 8pm.
- Wednesday 16 January: The Fishbourne Centre,
Blackboy Lane, Fishbourne, 1pm until 6pm.
- Thursday 17 January: Bourne Leisure Centre,
Park Road, Southbourne, 2.30pm until 7pm
- Friday 18 January: Hunston Village Hall,
Selsey Road, Hunston, 3pm until 8pm
- Planning affects all of our lives. It affects where we live, work and relax; where new shops and community facilities are built; and it protects our historic buildings and environment. National planning policy requires us to plan to meet expected development needs.
Our current Local Plan was adopted in 2015 and we are working on a review to ensure it remains up to date. The Local Plan Review will shape how the area develops over the next 15 years – and we want your thoughts.
Our plan does not cover areas of Chichester District that fall within the South Downs National Park, which produces its own plan.
We live and work in an incredibly special place and we want to keep it that way. Reviewing the Local Plan will help us to protect the area, while also addressing the area’s needs.
The Local Plan will help to:
- choose where development goes;
- protect the character and beauty of the area;
- provide job and housing opportunities so that our children can continue to work and live locally;
- support and help to boost the local economy;
- help our residents to maintain healthy and active lifestyles; and,
- make sure that we have adequate services, travel options and community facilities.
We realise that there is a shortage of suitable homes; well-paid local jobs; and important facilities and services. This is our chance to work with you to make sure that our area has a bright future, with a strong economy, and a thriving working age population.
Without an up to date Local Plan we will not be able to access vital funds to support our communities. By controlling new developments we have the opportunity to focus development in the most appropriate locations.